Once again, the Skyline Drive-In Theatre in Shelbyville, IN, will be having their annual Super Monster Movie Fest, which is two nights of four classic features. This year’s lineup definitely has a theme to it and looks just amazing, as usual. We’ve been to this event for the last 3 years have had a blast each and every time, and plan on being there again. They have another great list of films that will be awesome to see on the big screen, especially some of the older titles. Here is what they’ve announced:
Friday August 25th
- The Thing From Another World (1951) – The film that had everyone looking to the skies!
- Ghidorah The Three Headed Monster (1964) – Kaiju on the big screen? Hell Yes!
- Phantasm (1979) – A classic that never gets old, and still holds up today
- Demons (1985) – A great Italian addition to the lineup with Lamberto Bava’s gory demon invasion!
Saturday August 26th
- The Blob (1958) – The original film of gelatinous terror!
- War of the Worlds (1953) – Another original that is still one of the best alien invasion movies made.
- Invasion of the Body Snatchers (1978) – While not the original, this remake will still get under your skin!
- The Thing (1982) – John Carpenter’s version that still remains one of the best horror films ever made, plain and simple.
Each night after the four features, they will be showing an assortment of trailers, shorts, and other awesomeness, all from 35mm!
The cost is only $12 per adults per night, or $20 for the both nights. $6 for ages 3 to 11, or $10 for both nights. The snack bar will be open the entire duration of the event, opening when they open the gates at 5pm on Friday until after breakfast on Sunday morning.
You can also camp out on Friday and Saturday night, with a camping pass for $10 per car.