Regulars to the Krypt not only know of my love for Turkey movies, but especially when they come from Wisconsin and involve a giant spider that has been made out of a Volkswagen beetle. It just boggles the mind when a movie like Bill Rebane’s The Giant Spider Invasion not only gets a blu-ray edition, but a 2-disc edition with a ton of extras, including a new documentary by the talented Daniel Griffith. But it is all true.
VCI Entertainment will be unleashing this Rebane’s monstrous arachnid, The Giant Spider Invasion next month on June 6th. It will feature the new documentary Size Does Matter! Making of The Giant Spider Invasion which is probably the thing that I’m looking forward to the most. Below is all the other extras included on this special edition. Some of it looks like it might have been filmed back at the Bill Rebane Film Fest that took place in Madison, WI, back in 2005, which I was honored to be in attendance. So it will great to see that being archived.
If you’re ever looking for a fun-filled movie, perfect for a Turkey Day marathon, or just wanting to sit and enjoy a good old fashion monster flick, you might want to check this one out. Head over to VCI Entertainment’s website HERE to place your order.
• New 2015 Documentary by Daniel Griffith – “Size Does Matter! Making The Giant Spider Invasion”
• Bonus CD from “The Giant Spider Invasion the Musical” – 14 Rockin’ Tracks from the forth-coming Live Musical-Stage Play
• Mini ‘TGSI’ Collectible Comic Book
• The SUPER-8 Version (the original home media format!)
• The SUPER-8 Version re-edited in HD!
• Archival Interviews with cult-film director Bill Rebane and other members of the cast, crew and Super-fans
• Archival Interview with actor Robert Easton (Kester)
• Bill Rebane introduction by Kevin Murphy and Mike Nelson (of Mystery Science Theater fame
• Extensive Behind-the-Scenes Photo Gallery
• Original Theatrical Trailer and TV Spots
• Archival TV News Reports
• Liner Notes written by Tom Stockman, WeAreMovieGeeks.com